If you would like to apply to play an NPC and be on our "Think Tank" team instead, we have a different set of requirements for them. They will not be involved in mod decisions at all, but will be heavily involved in the game plot as they will be the ones to play our NPCS.
- Daimonia (immediately)
- Peromei (immediately)
- Elios (future)
Think Tank Requirements:
- Ability to track and keep up with the Arehtei Scheduler post, where audiences with their designated Arehtei will be requested
- Ability to follow through with and complete threads involving their Arehtei in the Catch All logs
- Ability to contribute to developing Arehtei Domains and information as requested by the mod team which may include helping with events that heavily include the Arehtei
- Creative flexibility to continue a consistent portrayal of the Arehtei, and development.
- Willingness to communicate with the rest of the Think Tank and Mod Team regarding Arehtei developments
- Communicating your schedule and availability to the rest of the Think Tank and Mod Team should you become unavailable for long stretches of time.
- Time to devote to heavier volume Arehtei event threads as needed
- Dedication to the game and the role to be a stable and reliable fixture on the Think Tank team for a good length of time.
- Ability to contribute creatively to events and world building in the game as a whole
All applications are screened! We will respond and contact individual applications after Mid-May with further questions, followups or decisions. Final Mod decisions will be announced to the game at large after applicants have been notified.
Requests to meet NPCs in person are doable, but there is no guarantee it will happen—at least immediately. Efforts will be made when possible.
Since inquiries are sent via letter, you can write them as long or as short as you wish.
To schedule a thread with an Arehtei, refer to this entry.
To send a letter, fill out the following form and include the message.
❖ all fields are fairly explanatory and clearly marked.
❖ all code template colors are based off the "simple id" examples. rest are just examples of customization and how it would look with info.
❖ for directions on customizing the codes, scroll to the bottom of this entry.
( id cards )
( permissions )
( abridged bio )
( in-depth bio )
Mod email: email@example.com
Comment to this entry
PM the journal
You can also contact a mod individually:
If you are submitting your concern via e-mail or to this entry, please fill out the following form:
All comments are screened and our responses to your comments will also be screened, so we can communicate through the entry if preferred. Everything will also remain confidential, but if another party is involved please realize that we will have to disclose some information if we have to contact them. We'll always double check before doing so, but please keep that in mind and make a note if there is anything you are uncomfortable with sharing.
We will try to be as fair as possible and do as much research and as many discussions as needed.
Reserves last for at maximum nine (9) full days. The reserve expires on 11:59PM CST of the day listed. This means those who reserve prior to application opening have at least two days to submit the application once it opens. The moment your application is sent it will remain locked in until processed. There will be no extensions since the reserve period only lasts for a set period of time. We will not give out reminders, so be sure to keep up with your reserve!
Be sure to check this list, the comments, the taken (A-M | N-Z), and application pages. You are free to use the current test drive for practice and sample purposes.
You may reserve up to two characters at once.
If you would like to reserve a character, fill out the following form.
( reserves list )
OC Applications are here
Before applying, please be sure to read the following:
- Read the Rules and the Game Information.
- Double check the Reserves and Taken Characters lists (A-M | N-Z) to make sure the character you're applying for is not on the list. Also check the comments in case the entry has yet to be updated, as well as any pending applications.
- Feel free to use the most recent test drive both for practice as well as to use for samples. IMPORTANT! If you submit threads as samples, you must submit the application with that character journal. This is the only way we can ensure that the samples are from you and not someone else.
- Linked samples must have been made within the past year.
- You may apply for up to two characters per cycle.
- Application challenges are allowed. Reserves will have priority, but it's not definitive. We will choose the better application regardless.
- Do not plagiarize. If we find that the information provided was directly taken by either another player or source material such a wiki, the application will be rejected immediately. If we find this after processing the application, we will revoke the application and have you removed from the game with potential ban.
- Reusing your own applications from other games is allowed. We only ask any original written samples to conform to our game. That is, we don't want to read samples that are set specifically for another game's premise. Note: this does not apply to threads linked from other games used as samples.
- If you are rejected, you cannot reapply for the same character until the next cycle. However, you can apply for a different character in the same cycle.
- Those accepted must fill out all of the required entries within a week to be considered part of the game. Otherwise, we will consider it a revocation of the application.
- Fill out the form and comment to this entry! You can either paste the application directly to the entry or link it from your own journal/musebox.
( application form )
( applicable oc types )
( rules )
( application form )
When your character is on a canon update, they completely disappear from the world. It's almost as if they were removed the game, however there's a key difference. Their amulet will remain and be in a translucent state. Characters will be gone from the game from three days to a week. They will reappear wherever their amulet is and can continue their progress from wherever they left off. They will also retain all of their memories.
If you have any questions, contact one of the mods or ask them on the form.
Current Canon Point: The canon point upon application.
Updated Canon Point: The new, desired canon point.
Updated Background: All we need is all the new information, so just a summary of what's happened between the current and updated canon point.
Updated Personality: If anything has changed about the character's personality fill it here. Just like in the original application process, we need as much details a possible, especially if there were any big changes.
Other: Anything else worth mentioning.
Here's the clean copy and paste form:
The maximum amount of time allowed for a hiatus is one month though we can make exceptions depending on the circumstances. If you are only gone for half a month, you will still need to comment to the Activity Check, but you will only need to fulfill half of the requirements.
If you're dropping a character or leaving from the game entirely, just fill out the form and include DROP in the subject line. You must also defriend simpathis and leave empatheias, crystalnet, and empatheias_ooc.
We've had a lot of player plots that have come through as well as other smaller events that leave potential impacts on the setting. To make it easier to keep track for everyone, we've created this log!
❖ Plot Proposal
We welcome and encourage all kinds of events and plots, especially if it can drive the game's emotional flow direction in any way. Thus if you have a particular event that you'd like to suggest, fill out the following form and we will discuss it with you either on here or in private depending on the nature of the plot.
❖ Points of Interest
Additionally, if your character has been through an event or has done something that could alter the setting in some way that should be noticeable by the population at large, fill out the following form! It could be something being destroyed, created, and it doesn't have to be something created by emotions. If something is built, like a new attraction or local location to visit, you can mention that, too! We will try to work it in, either by publicly announcing it or have tasks that may react to the change.